I was invited by the International Association of Public Participation to speak on Aboriginal Engagement at their Annual General Meeting in Vancouver in December, 2013.
Prior to my presentation, a survey asking what the IAPP members would like to learn about Aboriginal Engagement was circulated. This is a great way to ensure a presenter can match their presentation to the interest level of the audience.
IAPP members wanted to know more about the following topics which meant I was able to build my presentation accordingly:
- Engaging in a Respectful, Effective and Successful way
- Building organizational support for Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement
- Hints and Tips for when I'm in a meeting
- Unintentionally culturally insensitive or offensive - knowing protocols
- How do I know if my consultation is going well?
- Dealing with difficult questions when at meetings
- Balancing the interests of elected leaders and community IBA vs. job etc.
Our workshops cover all of the above points. If you are interested in delving deeper into the hows and whys, please contact us for more information.