Indigenous Consultation and Engagement
Are you ready to engage with an Indigenous community but aren't sure of where to start? Do you understand the differences between consultation and engagement?
What are your key challenges?
- How to consult with Indigenous communities?
- Understanding the differences between consultation and engagement?
- Understanding how to assess risk during a consultation?
- How to anticipate questions and know how to respond?
- Understanding the intention of consultation?
Who should take this course?
- Everyone who needs to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements for consultation
- Federal, provincial, regional, and municipal government staff
- Indigenous Relations or Affairs staff
- Senior executives, managers and board members
- Line managers, project managers, project team members
This should be a standard course for all of our employees working with Aboriginal Peoples, communities & issues. Teachings such as this bridges people and brings good things. Gets everyone involved.
J.C. • Environment Canada
I cannot emphasize enough the importance of this topic, and highly endorse others to experience for themselves the quality of the training.
Exceeds requirements of CCAB PAR certification.
Did you know?
This course is BC Law Society Continuing Ed certified for CPD purposes.