Working Effectively With Indigenous Peoples®
Are you looking for training to help you get beyond awareness in your work with Indigenous Peoples? What if you had a safe environment in which to ask questions and get the help you need?
What are your key challenges?Indigenous Awareness
- Understanding how history impacts Indigenous Peoples
- Understanding how current Indigenous issues impact Indigenous communities
- Understanding Indigenous self-government
- Understanding the constitutional, political and legal context of Indigenous issues
- Understanding how Indigenous and western world views impact decision-making
- Understanding how to cultivate Indigenous relationships
- Understanding business reasons for working with Indigenous Peoples
- How to begin to consult with Indigenous Peoples
- Fear of saying or doing the wrong thing
- How to manage risk when cultivating Indigenous relationships
Who should take this course?
- Those new to & those experienced in Indigenous relations
- Federal, provincial, regional, and municipal government staff
- Consultants, human resources, service industry
- Resource, construction sectors
- Senior executives, managers and board members
- Healthcare practitioners, educators
- Lawyers, justice, police, media, retail
This training was exactly what I was looking for. It addressed my training needs from a human and workplace perspective. I am now equipped with many tools to ensure that I have effective, respectful and worthwhile interactions with Indigenous communities in the future.
L. S. • Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
This session was so worthwhile on many levels. It provided a deep perspective and understanding of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and was facilitated in a respectful, professional way that contributed to deeper understanding and learning. Thank you.
S.L. • Rogers Communications
Do you work in a municipal or local government in Canada? Do you want learn how to better work with Indigenous Peoples?
We now offer a variation on our popular Working Effectively With Indigenous Peoples® training for regional and local government staff specifically: Working Effectively With Indigenous Peoples® for Local Governments.
Meets requirements of CCAB PAR certification.
Did you know?
This course is BC Law Society Continuing Ed certified for CPD purposes.