How to Negotiate with Indigenous Peoples
Have you developed and implemented an effective consultation and engagement strategy and are now ready to negotiate, but aren’t sure how to start? Or how to prepare for that all-important first community meeting?
What are your key challenges?
- Knowing how to begin negotiations with Indigenous Peoples?
- Knowing how to apply the model in negotiation?
- Knowing how to draft an agenda?
- Knowing how to set the tone?
- Understanding community mandate and how it applies?
Who should take this course?
- Everyone involved or interested in negotiations
- Federal, provincial, regional, and municipal government staff
- Indigenous Relations or Affairs staff
- Lawyers, consultants, and advisors
- Senior executives, managers and board members
How to Negotiate with Indigenous Peoples should be on the must-take list for most if not all employees of Government who may come into contact with FN for negotiation purposes.
B.W. • British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Lands & Natural Resource Operations
Excellent introduction to negotiating agreements with Indigenous People and pitfalls to avoid.
L.N. • Colorado Resources Ltd.
Exceeds requirements of CCAB PAR certification.
Did you know?
This course is BC Law Society Continuing Ed certified for CPD purposes.